Swiftdale’s Operations Geologists are expert in monitoring operated and non-operated wells whilst at the same time being fully conversant with effective partner reporting and liaison techniques. Our Operations Geologists are equally proficient in preparing pre-well documents such as well programmes, tender documents, reporting procedures and decision tree planning schematics. Routine post well documentation includes end-of-well reports and completion logs.
A Swiftdale Operations Geologist will typically be expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare and issue tender documents for all geology-related well services. These can include
- Evaluate tenders and recommend the successful bidders to the exploration and drilling managers.
- Prepare and issue a final geological well programme for the well or wells.
- Liaise between the drilling department and the service companies for mobilisation of personnel and equipment.
- Contribute to any pre-drill DWOP meetings and Risk Assessment meetings.
Whilst Drilling The Well
- Supervise and advise the wellsite geologist on all aspects of the well.
- Liaise between the wellsite team and the onshore/head office exploration and drilling departments.
- QC and dispatch all reports and logs to designated personnel and partners.
- Act as main point of contact for any queries from partners.
- QC and approve 3rd party invoices and timesheets (wireline, mudlogging, coring etc).
- Act as main point of contact for all geologically related 3rd party service companies.
- Ensure timely mobilisation of all geological services and equipment to and from the wellsite.
- Provide up to date progress reports and logs for management.
- Supervise the transportation of all geological samples from the wellsite to partners and service companies.
- Work with the wellsite geologist on finalising the Final Geological Well report and Composite Log.
- QC all geological logs for final presentation and dispatch.
- QC and approve all final invoices from 3rd party service companies.
- Contribute to all well review meetings and lessons learnt discussions.